Wednesday, September 10, 2014

To Tablet or not to Tablet

Some back story before I get on my soapbox ... recently I was given an awesome android tablet by my uncle. (super awesome uncle I have there!) As I discovered this wonderful new toy, I found that there were a lot of apps available for babies to play. I read a few articles, talk to my pediatrician and a couple more doctors, one nutritionist (she was just a smart lady, not sure what nutrition has to do with this) - They all told me that with limited exposure it shouldn't be a problem for my 18 month old baby to play games on the tablet. So, here we go. I felt trepidation at first, only letting her play one counting game a day then I watched her manipulate this piece of machinery. It was like she already knew what to do with it. She was teaching me things about my tablet. She now has her own page on the android and plays her games once a day after bath for about an hour. She loves it. She learns so quickly and knows how to get into and out of her games. It still amazes me how well she uses it. So, I am all for tablet use. As long as rules are followed, only one hour a day and never at the dinner table. She is over two years old now and works the tablet very well. I assume she will be using these in college so I guess it's good to get used to it as soon as she can. Computers are part of life here in the states. So it's time we all learned how to use this junk, right?

Here is a list of games my 2 year old can play, maybe y'all should check them out.
Baby Toy
Hebrew Alphabet
Kid's Doodle
ABC Toddler
Bubbles
Toddler Count
Funny Dots
and of course Fruit Ninja!

Peace and Love,
Sarazann

No comments:

Post a Comment